Re: [Evolution] A suggestion on searching, resend

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 22:58 +0100, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
Am Montag, den 22.02.2010, 16:22 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

Now suppose I don't just want Unread messages, but Unread AND/OR Todo
AND/OR Important. I can certainly define a label -- let's call it
Interesting -- which encompasses those criteria, but the folder will not
update if any of the criteria change for a message unless I *manually*
change the Interesting label as well as for example Todo or Important. A
filter is simply not capable enough because it can't remove labels.

1) Create the new label
2) Define a filter which sets this new label according to
   all sorts of conditions
3) Now use the combo box to select the mails having this label
4) Select all messages in the filtered list via Ctrl-A, use right-click
   popup to remove this label from the mails - a simple <space> or
  <return> will do it.

<Space> and <return> don't seem to do anything in my case. I have to
right-click, select labels, then select the label (or None).

However, you are essentially confirming what I said. This is a manual
process, whereas the hardwired (non-label) criteria in the drop-down are
dealt with automatically.

poc