Re: [Evolution] A suggestion on searching, resend

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 13:43 +0100, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
Am Samstag, den 20.02.2010, 19:08 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

All the same, it's not quite right a) because of the need to reapply
filters manually,

Filters normally run automatically on incoming and outgoing mail!

Obviously. Meaning that any change in message status will not be
reflected in the view until I rerun the filters manually, which rather
misses the point of my proposal.

and b) because a filter apparently can't *remove* a
label.

Well, that's true. But you can emulate that by defining a label, e.g.
"notImportant" and a filter which sets that label or one which combines
"important" with other labels logically "AND"- or "OR"-wise.

Again, only by running filters manually. Furthermore, if I change my
mind and decide that something *is* important after all, I can't revert
the change (or should I add yet another label ReallyIsImportant and make
all the filters even more complicated?). This is a losing proposition.
The right way to do it is by allowing the user to add criteria to the
combo box.

poc