Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?
- From: Darren Govoni <darren ontrenet com>
- To: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 09:18:07 -0500
I would design Evolution to use SQLlite or something like it. Firefox is going that direction in itself.
It would buy you these lacking qualities now:
1) Data integrity
2) Fast retrieval, sorting
3) Ad hoc querying
4) Open format (can use any/many tools to manipulate)
Just my $0.04
On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 09:15 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 08:30 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> An application's data should be a sealed container and accessed only
> via an API / service
Fine in theory as long as the API/service is foolproof. Getting at an
mbox file with a text editor has saved my skin more than once (though I
agree that it's a terrible format for mail).
evolution-list mailing list
evolution-list gnome org
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
] [Thread Prev