Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

Le lundi 20 dÃcembre 2010 Ã 09:14 -0500, Darren Govoni a Ãcrit :
1) I now get frequent "error storing folders", "error generating
message list"
2) It's so slow. It is always "Storing folder", taking almost minutes
to complete. Its on average 5-8x slower
downloading, storing and viewing messages.
3) Its very buggy. When new messages arrive, they no longer show up in
the folder I'm viewing.
I have to click another folder and click back to see them.
4) For the first time ever, it corrupted my email files and I had to
recover from backup.

I had these issues until I understood that the deleted messages are not
deleted. They are simply hidden. Thus the mailboxes become huge and
unusable. There is no automatic purge of deleted messages. This is a
flaw in the design of Evolution.

Use the purge feature. I don't remember exactly where it is hidden. I
think it is in Folder=>Clean (or something like that).

Yes you are right. Using PostgreSQL to store the messages would make
more sense.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel