Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 08:30 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
An application's data should be a sealed container and accessed only
via an API / service

Fine in theory as long as the API/service is foolproof. Getting at an
mbox file with a text editor has saved my skin more than once (though I
agree that it's a terrible format for mail).

I agree almost completely with Patrick.  I say almost because I had to
retrieve some email from Eudora many, many years after using it.  With
messages in a standard, text format, it's very easy to recover mail when
you no longer have the application that created the mail store.
--
Sean