Re: [Evolution] access control on imap folders

Am 03.08.2010 11:34, schrieb Pete Biggs:

Is there scope for a "read-only" flag when creating an IMAP account or
even on specific folders - so that Evo knows early on not to accept any
changes to it?  Would it allow streamlining of some Evo operations?
It's not something I have ever wanted and I'm not sure if would use it,
but I can see the use cases?

I came accross the problem when exploring the possibilities of IMAP access controls, which are used in kolab groupware server. For those, not familiar with kolab: The PIM data on a kolab groupware server is stored via use of cyrus imap. Each data (contact, note, todo or appointment) is stored as a single email (more like a mime part of an email).

In such a groupware environment you can share your imap folders with others, e.g. your calendar (realized as imap folder). In this setting you can think of different use cases where you may want to limit access to your folders for some users, while extending it to others.

For more information take a look at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2010-July/msg00021.html

Kind regards,
 Silvan