Re: [Evolution] storing Inbox mails from Exchange into local folder

El día Saturday, July 18, 2009 a las 06:39:17AM +0800, Ng Oon-Ee escribió:

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 10:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 16:41 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:

Yes, I've read this and the msg was Unseen. It was just send from my
private mail provider <guru unixarea de> to my office.

In that case I'd assume it's an Exchange issue (e.g. does Exchange
respect the \Unseen flag?) Alternativelym, are there server-side filters
running which might affect the flag? Do you have a "new-mail" applet
which reads the mailbox and might affect the flag? Do your other filters
work or is this the only one with problems?

poc

Since Matthias is using the evolution-exchange plugin, perhaps he may
want to test whether the behaviour is the same with evolution-mapi? I
know its not part of the regular install in most distros (in fact I
can't even get it installed in my normal one, but Ubuntu has it, with
dependency issues though, you need to manually install samba4), but I
believe that is supposed to be 'the' canonical way to connect to
exchange?

Does someone know if evolution-mapi is build able via the normal FreeBSD
ports collection? If not I will ask in the appropriate FreeBSD mailing
list;

Concerning the problem itself: Yesterday evening I went a way from this
problem, a bit frustrated and without doing more changes in the filter
or Evo config. Today morning at home I restarted the laptop and now the
filter works as it should and I've played around a bit and now have the
filter copying every incoming mail to a local folder for backup
purpose. What is not working anymore, and I don't have touched the config
with gconf-editor, only later checked it and the logging is still
enabled, but it does not log anymore. All this is a bit crazy, like any
other power- and colour-full user application :-)

OT:
I'd prefer my xterm based 'mutt', but can't do that with our Exchange
server anymore :-(

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211