Re: [Evolution] storing Inbox mails from Exchange into local folder

El día Friday, July 17, 2009 a las 03:47:44PM +0200, Milan Crha escribió:

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 14:35 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
Reading the FAQ again and thinking about, I have the feeling that this
(filtering in an Exchange located Inbox) can't work at all. The mail
arrives in the Exchange server's Inbox, regardless if I'm connected to
this with my Evolution client. Only filters which are installed there on
the other side of the world could be run through, but not mine one I'm
defining locally. This kind of filtering can only work locally based on
IMAP fetches.

      Hi,
are you connecting to your exchange account with the exchange plugin or
with an IMAP? When you were talking about exchange I would think of the
exchange plugin, not IMAP.

I have to use Exchange OWA and not IMAP (this is disabled).

Note that filters are applied to newly downloaded messages only. There
had been done some change in the past in IMAP, thus this might also need
"a proper version" for this to have it working.

I understand. But using the exchange plugin, the mail is not really
downloaded, but only presented. Ofc, I could download the mail moving it
from the Inbox Exchange to some local folder with drag&drop.

I'm talking about bug #324804, though looking into it it's in since
2.21.91, thus quite old change.

I'm using:

$ pkg_info | fgrep evolution
evolution-2.24.5_1  An integrated mail, calendar and address book distributed s
evolution-data-server-2.24.5 The data backends for the Evolution integrated mail/PIM sui
evolution-exchange-2.24.5 Evolution plugin to connect to Microsoft Exchange servers

Nonetheless you've right, if you want to move your messages on the
server, without having evolution running, then it cannot be done within
Evolution only. Though if you access your mail account only with
evolution, from one machine, then you should be able to do that within
the client itself.

I hope I didn't confuse you much.
      Bye,

I want to copy every mail from my Inbox Exchange to a local folder, just
for backup purpose. How can I do this?

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211