Re: [Evolution] Evaluating Evolution- some basic questions

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 20:31 -0500, rob cginy net wrote:
Here's another scenario that happens rather frequently in my world.  A
conversation spanning several send/reply cycles gets to a point where
another opinion is desired.  A single e-mail can then be forwarded to
another party to review the past conversation(s) and provide whatever
input is desired.

How much time does it save when one of my engineers (who need to be
billing for their time and not frittering it away) can just forward a
single e-mail instead of hunting down 10 or 20 or 30 sent and received
mails, collate them into some sort of intelligible order, and then
send
that off to Johnny in the other dept for comment.  And who's to say
every
important e-mail was included?

Funny you should say that. To forward this entire thread to someone else
I type Ctrl-H Ctrl-F. I don't have to hunt for anything because the
threading already keeps it all together.

Anyway, these are all personal choices. All I ask personally is that you
don't use the Outlook-style quoting *here*. If you need to use it
somewhere else, by all means go ahead.

poc