Re: [Evolution] Trash and Compose wierdness !? -[SOLVED , SOLVED-- I hope]

Hi;

Here is what I did, just in case someone has been following this or has
a similar problem.

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 15:11 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

To maintain your emails, then I would suggest setting up an IMAP
connection to your gmail account and then put all the emails you want to
keep into that account. And you should probably do an Evo backup as
well.  At least then they will be safe and you can at least get back to
the current state!  You can then scrub out all traces of evolution in
your folders, recreate the accounts and then restore your saved emails
from gmail.

I kind of followed Peter's suggestion.

I backed everything up twice, once using Evo File => Backup and, just to
be extra safe, with rsync.

I highlighted and moved all of the 'Bill (Personal Acct)' emails I
wanted to keep to a newly created 'Archive' folder. Next, I closed down
evolution with 'evolution --force-shutdown'.

I then went to /home/bill/.evolution/mail/local/'Bill (Personal Acct)'
and deleted its entire contents but left the file.  I returned to the
desktop and restarted Evolution.  Evo started with no problem but 'Bill
(Personal Acct)' was empty -- as expected.  And, 'Trash' was empty --
finally!.  I finished by moving the contents of the newly created
'Archive' folder back to 'Bill (Personal Acct)'.  I played around with
deleting and expunging some additional mails.  'Trash' continued to
remain empty of the old mails.

Just for good measure I rebooted.

We are now at a few hours later and there has been no return of the
unwanted mails.

As well, it now seems that the 'Compose' choking has stopped.  Well, not
quite.  It just paused on me while I was editing this post in draft
form.

I can understand - but there will be something simple that's causing it,
the problem is finding it!

P.

Although it seems to be fixed, I still have no idea might might have
caused such weirdness.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3