Re: [Evolution] Trash and Compose wierdness !? -[SOLVED -- I hope]

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 18:19 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:47:58 -0400
William Case <billlinux rogers com> wrote:

Trash won't go away, delete or expunge.  I had this problem before.
Now it is really wierd.  After I right click on trash and click on
'Empty Trash' a few of the trash items are deleted but the rest
remain.  If I 'evolution --force-shutdown' and re-open all the trash
is gone -- for about a half an hour, then it is all back.  Its return
doesn't seem to coincide with new mail or anything else ???

Perhaps an indexing problem. Try the Vacuum script (see the recent
archives) and see if it fixes it.

The vacuum script seemed to work.  Trash has been emptied and stayed
empty for 12 hours now.  Compose (e.g. this post) still wants to stop
from time to time for a gulp of air or whatever.

PS I'm posting this in Claws-mail, just to try it out :-)

How did the Claws-mail experiment work out. I am thinking of changing.
Evolution has too many nit-picky things that never seem to get fixed.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3