Re: [Evolution] Trash and Compose wierdness !? -[SOLVED -- I hope]

Hi Peter;

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 15:11 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

For what it is worth, the end of time period for emails that won't
expunge corresponds (roughly) to my virgin install of Fedora 11 and
Evolution.  I think somehow Evo's restore function messed up at that
time.

I did a clean install of F11, but I have separate /home partition and it
coped fine with everything.  Perhaps there's some difference between how
IMAP and POP is handled.

I usually use my /home partition as well.  But over several versions of
Fedora the cruft in /home had been building up so this time I backed
everything up to a separate hard disk and started clean,
including /home, on my Linux disk.

I used Evo File => Backup to store evo on my backup hard disk; after
installation I restored (Evo File => Restore) from the backup hard disk.

It should all work. I hadn't touched any of my Evo settings before or
since the new installation -- until a couple of days ago when I first
decided to try and fix the non-expunge problem.

I am getting really frustrated.

I can understand - but there will be something simple that's causing it,
the problem is finding it

No reply required.  I am just being a bit defensive.

An afterthought.  Could going from ext3 to ext4 on my new /home
partition have anything to do with it?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3