Re: [Evolution] evolution exchange

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist us> wrote:

First, this comes up every so often so it's worth it to look for
of this type" use reply-to-list is not correct; in fact as far as I
recall I don't belong to a single mailing list that uses reply-to-list
(and I belong to a LOT of mailing lists).

Interesting - I don't actually belong to too many email discussion
lists, all them are technical, like this one, and all the others
(CentOS, GNOME, rpmforge, OOo) use the reply-to-all as the default.
On the other hand, I belong to several hundred discussion groups
(mostly Yahoo groups) and almost all of them are set up for
reply-to-all, with the exceptions being the newletter-type groups
(reply-to-moderator).

Nope, it's a PITA to you and some others, but it's absolutely the
preferred behavior for me and some others on this list.  And, probably,
there are some who don't care one way or the other :-).

Okay, point well taken.  I suppose it's a matter of habit - I usually
use "Reply" rather than "Reply-to-All" and have become accustomed to
it.  Six of one....

FYI: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Interesting bit of history there.  Thanks.

mhr