Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Firefox

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:10 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
I'm not absolutely certain, but I understood that firefox is not a
gnome
app, just built with gtk+ (like a qt app that isn't full blown KDE).
You don't need to load gnome to run firefox (or gtk+ based
openoffice).
You will need gnome to run evolution, though.

And to allow clicking on mailto: links from Firefox pages. If you open
about:config in FF, you'll find no reference to Evolution even if it's
configured as your mail client, so I conclude that FF is using the Gnome
config system for this.

poc