Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 09:24 -0500, Chris Williams wrote:
Hi Patrick,
There's a toggle called apps->Evolution->Shell->start_offline but I've
tried it both on and off without having any effect.

I use enlightenment as my WM and experienced this for a while sometime
last year.  It had something to do with NetworkManager and evo taking
it's on/offline cues from that.  I thought it was fixed in one of the
2.(1?)X releases, but it's worth a try if nothing else works.  I would
log into Gnome, then back into e whenever this happened.

Not sure if this is the problem, but it may start you on the right track.

Interesting idea. I'm starting to really dislike NetworkManager (BTW I
use KDE, if it matters). Maybe it's useful for laptop users but as far
as I can see it just gets in the way, plus it has virtually no
user-level documentation and the website reads like a commercial.

Right now my NM icon is showing me as disconnected, when in fact I am
connected. Clicking on the damn thing makes no difference and I can find
nothing related to NetworkManager in gconf.

If this is in fact related to the Evo offline problem my reaction is
WTF! Isn't this stuff supposed to get easier rather than harder?

Thanks for the suggestion.

poc