Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 09:47 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I've upgraded to 2.12.3 (evolution-2.12.3-1.fc8 and
evolution-data-server-1.12.3-1.fc8).

Junk filtering still doesn't work. The /usr/bin/bogofilter is still
not being called.

Hrm.  This seems to me to be either a build issue on Fedora or some
problem in your Evo configuration files.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with Evo's plugins mechanism to
give you any hints about further ways to debug this.  Probably anything
more detailed would require a rebuild from source to be really useful
anyway.

One thing you might try is to create a brand new user account on your
system, then log in to that account and configure Evo there.  See if you
get any invocations of bogofilter then.  This is obviously unpleasant in
a few ways, but it'll help to figure out whether it's a problem in the
gconf settings or something in ~/.evolution, etc.

Obviously be sure to shut down Evo in your original home directory first
so that it doesn't conflict.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist