Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 21:14 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
So the problem is somewhere in my Gconf or .evolution. Where do I
start looking?

Aha!  The circle closes!

OK, my suspicion is that it's a gconf issue.  I really dislike gconf: I
can't believe after the disaster that is the Windows registry the Gnome
folks thought it was a good idea to emulate it.  Text config files rule!

Anyway.

If you don't have a copy already, you need to get gconf-editor.  Fire it
up.  On my Ubuntu box it doesn't install into the menu system (that I
can find); run it from a terminal.

Now, open up apps -> evolution -> mail -> junk.  I don't know what it
should look like, but mine says:

    check_incoming              <check>
    default_plugin              Bogofilter
    empty_date                  0
    empty_on_exit               <not checked>
    empty_on_exit_days          0

Underneath that, I have "folders" for bogofilter and sa.  The bogofilter
one says:

    unicode                     <check>

I'm not really sure what might be the problem here though.  What does
yours look like?

Another idea would be to try to clean this all out and let Evo recreate
it; I have this saved in my Evo mail folder from the mailing list back
on 9 Oct:

ïRetrieve all current settings:
  gconftool-2 -R /apps/evolution > ~/myevokeys.gconf
Unset all settings:
  gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/evolution

However I've never tried this so I can't vouch for it.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us