Re: [Evolution] Spamfiltering with evolution - NO LONGER WORKS

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 00:41 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Many thanks for your help. I've no idea how this could have happened
as I'm not in the habit of editing Gconf by hand, but obviously
something messed with it out of sight.

I have a vague recollection of something like this before.  I think the
bogofilter plugin was originally not provided with Evolution, but many
distributions like Fedora and Ubuntu made it available in their
repositories, either as separate packages or even a combination package.

However, for some reason I can't recall now when the next release of
Evo, with the bogofilter plugin available by default, was installed it
didn't like the old version: some mismatch in gconf I suppose.  I cannot
remember the details at all, if I ever even knew them.

As for your other issues, I'd take a browse through other gconf settings
for Evo and see if there are any suspicious ones.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us