Re: [Evolution] edit "from" field in composer (i.e."+"addresssupport for mailing lists :P )

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 09:35 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
Brett, if, as you say, "Normally, [you] don't need to *send* email using
those addresses", why is the rare instance such a PITA?

It's a PITA precisely because it's so rare.  Usually, it's a one-off
email, and I don't want to go through the drawn-out process of creating
a new account via the wizard, then have to either maintain that account
forevermore, or remember to go in later and delete it from preferences,
after I'm sure I won't be sending any more emails "from" that address.
It's just silly IMO, to prevent users from simply modifying the header
directly for no good reason.

--
Brett Johnson <brett hp com>