Re: [Evolution] Plugin for Evolution

On 2008-02-28, 20:18 GMT, Pete Biggs wrote:
How are you proposing that you get at the calendar information
via IMAP - bear in mind that the IMAP protocol uses data
exchanges like 'give me message number 34' or 'how many new
messages are there' or 'give me all the headers of new message'
- AFAIK there's nothing in it that says 'give me contents of
this file', because "file" is a meaningless concept to IMAP.

If I am not totally senile, than this "everything is a message"
world of IMAP maps very well to the Exchange worldview, where
everything (be it email message, one appointment in calendar,
todo task, note, etc.) is a message with inheritance to the
common message object (and stored in the database backend as
such).

For the related issue, see kmail which can do this "store
calendar on IMAP" pretty well (and yes it stores individual
appointments as IMAP messages).

Best,

Matej