Re: [Evolution] Slow response

Wow, that seems slow to me but I have a decent internet connection.  One
thing to note is that Evo does a lot of client-side caching in your
~/.evolution directory, which means the first time a folder is visited
after you've created an account, it will be pretty slow.  Subsequent
visits should be noticeably faster.  Ditto with deleting mail: the first
time I delete something after creating my Exchange account it takes
literally a minute or so.  Thereafter it's VERY fast (especially in the
latest builds as of a week or so ago--it seemed to take another leap
forward in speed.  It used to be that when I deleted something the
screen seemed to flicker as if it was redrawing a couple of times and
now it's very smooth indeed).

I'm not sure that it's my Internet connection, which is 2Mbps. I don't
have any problems using outlook web access. My network traffic monitor
doesn't seem to show much going on while I'm waiting.

Just timed opening a new message at over 2 minutes. The folder had been
opened before. It's quite a big folder - 1600 messages - but the message
itself is only 6k.

Also timed moving a small mail between two previously opened folders at
about 30 seconds. It sounds like I'm still not getting the performance I
should.

Will your new Makefile be sufficiently compatible with the old one that
I can drop it in and run an update cleanly?

Peter