Re: [Evolution] DST

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 07:49 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 00:50 -0500, Peter Van Lone wrote:
so, are you suggesting that with RH enterprise desktop, that going
from one version of evo to another is possible and that RH provides
packages to do this?

No.  RHEL 5 is branched from the initial release of Fedora Core 6, and
as such provides GNOME 2.16.0, which includes Evolution 2.8.0.  But we
support those versions for the lifetime of the RHEL release.  I, for
example, am still supporting Evolution 2.0.2 in RHEL 4.

Exceptions to the rule have been made, however, and there is some talk
of whether it would make sense to upgrade the major desktop applications
(Firefox, OpenOffice, and Evolution) at some point before RHEL 6.  I'm
in favor of that; it would make my job easier.  But nothing official has
been decided.

FYI, the latest Evo RPMs on Fedora 6 (stable) are for 2.8.3. If you go
for the development version (essentially a beta of Fedora 7) you have
to update a large number of Gnome packages, which in turn triggers
updates to stuff that has nothing to do with Evo.

Given that RHEL 5 uses yum now, upgrading Evolution at your own risk
might be as easy as pointing it to a Fedora repository.  But Patrick is
right about the dependencies and obviously we don't support that.

Matthew Barnes