Re: [Evolution] DST

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 22:40 -0500, Peter Van Lone wrote:
I am amazed at the hutzpah of this answer, particularly given that Evo
is so damned difficult to upgrade. It seems to be closely tied into
the gnome desktop stuff, that upgrades outside of an entire desktop
upgrade are ... impossible? Dangerous? Dicey?

I'm on 2.60 which came with a fairly recent distro (SLED 10) and ...
not only does Novell not provide an RPM to update to the latest
versions, but an attempt to do so is met with an impossible array of
dependency errors.

Newer stable releases of Evoluton tend to utilize newer features of the
GNOME developer platform as they become available.  Upgrading from older
stable versions will likely require you to also upgrade GNOME's core
libraries such as GTK+ and GLib.  A decent packaging system should be
able to handle the transition smoothly.  I wouldn't advise trying to do
it manually.

Myself being a Red Hat employee, I can't really speak to the rest of the
SLED-specific comments.

Matthew Barnes