Re: [Evolution] spam filtering

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 10:38 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
(Replying to my own post)

It turns out I was wrong. Spam filtering is happening, it just took a
day or so to start doing anything. I had assumed that training
Bogofilter on a bunch of messages would make it effective immediately
but it didn't.

Sorry for the noise.

Depends on your definition of "a bunch".  :)  I originally trained my
bogofilter with ~2000 spam messages and ~20,000 ham messages.  It was
extremely effective immediately.  If "a bunch" is more like 100, then it
seems unlikely to be great immediately.

Daniel