Re: [Evolution] spam filtering

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 17:56 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:

In case you're interested in more info re bogofilter.. the faq has some
quick info re training etc... ( note:  per above, I believe you have to
have training on BOTH ham and spam before bogofilter will be able to
effectively mark mail )

http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/faq.shtml

http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net/

I've been using Spamassassin for over a year with a fair amount of
success (I'd get maybe 3 or 4 false negatives a day, and essentially
zero false positives) but Evo would also tend to leave multiple spamd
demons lying around, so I after seeing several positive reports of
Bogofilter I decided to try it.

I'm on Fedora 7, Evo 2.10.3, and installed evolution-bogofilter via yum.
I disabled the SA plugin, restarted Evo, enabled the BF plugin,
restarted Evo again just in case, and trained BF on my Inbox (as ham)
and a batch of collected spam. I did this by selecting all messages and
hitting the "Junk" button (for spam) and by saving my entire Inbox in a
file and running "bogofilter -n < file" (for ham).

Trouble is, my spam is not being filtered except when I do it by hand.
In case anyone asks, "Check new messages for Junk" is enabled.

Should I expect to see 'bogofilter' running as a demon (the way spamd
does)? If so, it's not. Otherwise, I'd appreciate some advice. Maybe
there's something wrong with how I trained BF?

poc