Re: [Evolution] spam filtering

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 13:34 +0000, Michelle Murrain wrote:
Hi all,

I've noticed that evolution basically doesn't filter spam on its own.
I've been diligently marking mail as junk, and asking evo to check for
junk, but it just doesn't.

1) Am I somehow missing something, or is there no baysean spam filter in
evolution at this point?

2) What solutions have people found to this (I'm getting pretty darned
tired of deleting hundreds of spam messages manually a day.)

Thanks.

Michelle

PS. I solved the contacts import problem, eventually.

I'm running Evolution 2.6.3 (recently upgraded). I originally thought my
Evo (earlier version) wasn't filtering spam -- but it's just that it
took several 100 msgs to be marked as spam before spamassassin kicked
in.

To see what's happening, you need to look in /var/log/mail.info (etc) --
any obvious error messages? any 'spamd' (or 'spamc') messages???