Re: [Evolution] Mail filtering (again )

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 08:16 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
Run your own mail server.  Lots of people do it, and it's not as
hard as you think.  It also lets you pull mail from your ISP on
a regular basis, whether you are logged in or not.

Usually (always?) it's run in concert with spamassassin and a
localhost IMAP server. Evo could then POP the emails, but I don't
know why you would.

That's what I do, indeed. It allows me to reject mail before it gets
accepted. And indeed I use dovecot (imap) to read private mail at home
and at work (via an openvpn tunnel, so yes, it's secure).