Re: [Evolution] Mail filtering (again )

On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 10:18 +0200, Arne Caspari wrote:
I seem to miss the point with Evolutions SPAM filtering techniques. Ever
since I switched from thunderbird to evolution, I try to get the SPAM
filter to work.

Using the spamassassin plugin, all I see is that it drastically slows
down mail retrieval, using 100% CPU time. It barely filters any spam
message though. I then tried to train it marking a bunch ( > 100 ) mails
as junk. Then I marked some SPAM mails and selected 'Message->Check for
Junk' to see how many mails will get filtered - but after using up some
amount of CPU time, nothing happens.

Then I tried the 'bogofilter' plugin that comes as a Ubuntu package but
using this not a single message ever gets filtered out ( but that is
done pretty fast though ).

So far this is disappointing to me ( and renders evolution useless )
since using Thunderbird, a folder with > 1000 messages is quickly and
reliably filtered.

Am I missing something? How do I get SPAM filtering to work with
Evolution?

Even though evolution (actually spamassassin) mail filtering should
perform much better, the preferable location to do the filtering is on
the server, which is in the position to not accept the message at all
instead of putting it in the trashcan later.