[Evolution] Mail filtering (again )

Hi List,

I seem to miss the point with Evolutions SPAM filtering techniques. Ever
since I switched from thunderbird to evolution, I try to get the SPAM
filter to work.

Using the spamassassin plugin, all I see is that it drastically slows
down mail retrieval, using 100% CPU time. It barely filters any spam
message though. I then tried to train it marking a bunch ( > 100 ) mails
as junk. Then I marked some SPAM mails and selected 'Message->Check for
Junk' to see how many mails will get filtered - but after using up some
amount of CPU time, nothing happens.

Then I tried the 'bogofilter' plugin that comes as a Ubuntu package but
using this not a single message ever gets filtered out ( but that is
done pretty fast though ).

So far this is disappointing to me ( and renders evolution useless )
since using Thunderbird, a folder with > 1000 messages is quickly and
reliably filtered.

Am I missing something? How do I get SPAM filtering to work with
Evolution?

Thanks,

 /Arne