Re: [Evolution] Mail filtering (again )

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 08:00 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 13:37 +0200, Erik Slagter wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 10:18 +0200, Arne Caspari wrote:
[snip]
I agree, and this has been mentioned several times in the past. The big
problem as I see it is that there is no *standard* way of telling a mail
server what is junk and what isn't. Remember that many mail hubs don't
allow the user to log in. For any given setup there's certainly a way to
hack the funcionality and the Junk/Not Junk buttons give you some
leverage, but basically it's up to you to program them.

Run your own mail server.  Lots of people do it, and it's not as
hard as you think.  It also lets you pull mail from your ISP on
a regular basis, whether you are logged in or not.

Usually (always?) it's run in concert with spamassassin and a
localhost IMAP server. Evo could then POP the emails, but I don't
know why you would.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach him to fish, he
gets mad at you for making him have to work so hard."