Re: [Evolution] again... Viewing "next" Message...

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 08:21 +0200, Hans wrote:
On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 00:59 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 14:05 -0500, Chris Anspach wrote:
Anyone, anyone...

Does anyone know how to turn off the following behavior?

I am reading an email and I click on the "Delete" icon at the top of the
message.  The next message in line automatically opens.

What would you expect then? Isn't it the most preferred operation. At
least I prefer that.

No its not - the next message can be already read.  Why open a message
that was already read.

Furthermore, "reading" may mean fetching a large message from a slow
server, which is frustrating if you're reading stuff out of sequence,
especially as Evo is very iffy when it comes to interrupting a network
action. I find toggling View->Message Preview (Ctrl-M) useful but if you
open each message in its own window that won't help.

I also keep messages unread so not to forget about them.

Me too. In fact I turn off Preferences->"Mark Messages read after N
seconds" so Evo will never mark them as read unless I say so (Ctrl-K).

poc