[Evolution] again... Viewing "next" Message...

Anyone, anyone...

Does anyone know how to turn off the following behavior?

I am reading an email and I click on the "Delete" icon at the top of the
message.  The next message in line automatically opens.

Also, when I reply or forward a message, is there an option to close the