Re: [Evolution] Import from csv

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 19:07 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Just for completeness, it's worth pointing out that there are two places
where limits might apply to the number of LDAP entries searched:

1) Within Evo, the LDAP config can specify Max Entries and Max Timeout.

2) The LDAP *server* can limit the number of records returned in
response to a query. This often happens if the query is anonymous, to
limit address harvesting. We limit our server to 20 records for this
reason, which works fine for address completion but not so well for
arbitrary contact lookup.

poc

Thanks. Taking another look I found a space before all the names I
imported. Not sure why there's a space in the Vcards that were created
by csv2vcard, because there are not any in my csv file. I just did a
search and replace on the vcard file and reimported. Now autocompletion
works great.

As far as the LDAP server goes, I don't know if there's a limit on the
server side, but there might be. A long time ago, at least a couple
years now, I used Outlook as an IMAP client and used to look up names in
LDAP without any problems. Being so long ago, servers change, LDAP
settings change, etc. So maybe something is different on the server
side. I don't have Outlook even installed anywhere to play with it.

Thanks for the help. I'm good for now. Occasional update of my local
address book is required, but it's a acceptable solution to me.

Thanks again,
James