Re: [Evolution] recovering tasks from crashed evolution

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 16:15 +0100, guenther wrote:
[snipped]
(warning:  the following steps will erase any special "view" settings
you have configured for your Tasks display)

      * Close Evo

      * Stop all Evolution "background processes" by using the commands
        "evolution --force-shutdown" and then "gconftool-2 --shutdown"

      * Move or delete the folder "~/.gconf/apps/evolution/tasks"
[snipped]
NOTE: This will affect all your Task Lists in a way you probably don't
want, if you have more than one. Every Task List (with an exception of
"Personal") will be displayed *only*, if they are defined as such within
this GConf tree. The data itself isn't lost or harmed, but it won't be
visible and displayed as a Task List.

I'm seeing way too much posts like these lately. Be careful when doing
things like this or advising it.

Yes, hence my "warning:" right at the beginning of the steps I listed.
Sorry if you didn't feel this was obvious or clear enough.

In my case, there was no other work-around (at least none that anyone
could suggest), which I also noted in my original post.  Therefore, the
steps I listed were my "last resort".

Greg