Re: [Evolution] recovering tasks from crashed evolution

      * Move or delete the folder "~/.gconf/apps/evolution/tasks"
[snipped]
NOTE: This will affect all your Task Lists in a way you probably don't
want, if you have more than one. Every Task List (with an exception of
"Personal") will be displayed *only*, if they are defined as such within
this GConf tree. The data itself isn't lost or harmed, but it won't be
visible and displayed as a Task List.

I'm seeing way too much posts like these lately. Be careful when doing
things like this or advising it.

Yes, hence my "warning:" right at the beginning of the steps I listed.
Sorry if you didn't feel this was obvious or clear enough.

In my case, there was no other work-around (at least none that anyone
could suggest), which I also noted in my original post.  Therefore, the
steps I listed were my "last resort".

Yes, I noticed these. And I'm really glad you're trying to help a poor
fellow soul. :-)

I just felt like mentioning some additional facts and caveats anyone
should be aware of, before trying tricks like this. I know there are
quite a lot of lurkers and even months (or years) after the actual post
users are using archived posts they just found by searching for a
solution to their issues. Thus IMHO it's worth noting the caveats.

All my recent "chime in" style posts are inspired by this. Over the
years I have been seeing, mentioning as much facts and explaining issues
is more help than fixing an issue and leaving the user behind without a
clue about how this fixed it...

Didn't mean to offend you, dude. :)

...guenther