Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 + MailDir format

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 00:18 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
Hi Ow,

Nothing has changed in the Evolution GUI to indicate that this account
is saving emails in a Maildir format directory or even where this
directory is at.  In other words this directory does not show up in the
left hand folder pane at all.

Yes it is. U just have to enable the account. But Its a bit kludgly in
setting it up. For some unknown reason, Evo _does_ not create the folder
for you. You have to manually (as least for me) create the ~/.maildir/
folder and then populate the dir with "cur","new","tmp". (This is
usually done by the maildir mail-server)

Okay...I created a directory called /home/carlos/.maildir and populated
it with three other directories, cur, new, and tmp, just like you said.

Here's what I did..

mkdir -p ~/.maildir
cd ~/.maildir && for i in cur tmp new; do mkdir -p $i; done

Create the account in Evo. Maildir format directories

Enable the account.

Try to copy a message to the account.
Failed
Disable the account.