Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 + MailDir format

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 20:13 -0700, Evolution List wrote:

Call me dense but I just don't get it.

I create an account through the Tools -> Settings dialog right?   Let's
say I call it My Account or some such.  Within that account I go to the
Receiving Mail tab and select "Maildir-format mail directories" and then
enter a path to the directory I want to use.

Correct,

All well and good.  But I still have no clue as to what I did setting up
this account.  I mean it can't retrieve any email not being a POP
account.  It can't rightly do anything as far as I can tell.

It's _not_ supposed to. Its just a _container_. That's all.

Nothing has changed in the Evolution GUI to indicate that this account
is saving emails in a Maildir format directory or even where this
directory is at.  In other words this directory does not show up in the
left hand folder pane at all.

Yes it is. U just have to enable the account. But Its a bit kludgly in
setting it up. For some unknown reason, Evo _does_ not create the folder
for you. You have to manually (as least for me) create the ~/.maildir/
folder and then populate the dir with "cur","new","tmp". (This is
usually done by the maildir mail-server)

After that, it's a matter of, try and see.

If I retrieve emails like normal through another account that is set up
as a POP account and they go into my inbox, then where does the My
Account show up on the folder pane so as to be able to drag emails into
it?

Create a Filter or do it manually by dragging the mails to this
new .maildir location

You say to create a filter.  Again all well and good but where in the
filter creation dialog can I tell Evolution to file emails into the My
Account folder.  It doesn't even show up in the Move To this or that
folder liist made avaible to me within the filter.

Well, seems like you're not successful in getting the folder to exist in
the 1st place. As mentioned, it's a bit kludgy, but if you look at it
long enough, it'll pop out at you and work :-)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz