Re: [Evolution] Migration of existing evolution to new partition? (LONG)

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 09:16 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 11:55 +0100, Bram Mertens wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:38 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
[...]
There's really not much else to it, your best bet is the source, or
ask specific questions on this list.  There are many references in the
archives to "migration" of data and backing up data, its basically the
#1 Frequently-asked & answered-Question.

Sorry but I'd have to disagree for version 2.x, what files did or did
not have to be backed up for version 1.x has indeed been covered many
times on this list.  However the file-structure has changed from 1.x to
2.x which is why I asked this question again a couple of days ago (my
message "backing up evolution 2.x" of Wed, 16 Feb 2005).
Huh? ITs been discussed about 20 times AT LEAST.

Sorry, I did search my and the online archives of this list and all I
have found is Celsun's thread I mentioned yesterday. I've been looking
further back into my archive and found another thread which indeed
answers one of my questions:
On 26 December, Ron Johnson replied to Rick DeNatale that
~/.evolution/cache doesn't have to be backed up. So indeed I missed that
one.

However I can't find a single message between 1 November and now
detailing which files can be safely omitted from a backup.

Can anybody please tell me which of the following files in
~/.evolution/mail/local/ will be rebuilt by evo and can therefore be
deleted (for POP3 accounts)?
*.cmeta
*.ev-summary
*.ibex.index
*.ibex.index.data

TIA

Bram
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram"   <bram-mertens linux be>   Linux User #349737 #
# debian testing            kernel 2.6.8-1-686     i686     512MB RAM #