Re: [Evolution] Migration of existing evolution to new partition? (LONG)

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 16:38 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
[...]
There's really not much else to it, your best bet is the source, or
ask specific questions on this list.  There are many references in the
archives to "migration" of data and backing up data, its basically the
#1 Frequently-asked & answered-Question.

Sorry but I'd have to disagree for version 2.x, what files did or did
not have to be backed up for version 1.x has indeed been covered many
times on this list.  However the file-structure has changed from 1.x to
2.x which is why I asked this question again a couple of days ago (my
message "backing up evolution 2.x" of Wed, 16 Feb 2005).

Celsun posted a message on 19 January (thread called "Back up and
restore procedures") which included AFAIK some errors (which is why I am
CC'ing you). I've been wanting to post about this earlier but have been
busy... Partly because one question remained unanswered until a couple
of days ago.

I'll include the backup and restore procedure Celsun posted with my
comments: