Re: [Evolution] Migration of existing evolution to new partition?

Thanks for the input Not Zed.  I appreciate it.  This
list seems pretty dead.  Am I on the wrong list or
something?  I've only gotten a couple of emails on any
subject in the last few days.

Thanks for the heads up on something I can do.  I am
still unable to find a reference somewhere regarding
where Evolution stores it's files and what it does
with them.  It's almost as if that kind of information
is being kept secret or something.  I have scoured the
Internet and have spent hours looking and looking and
runnning Evolution under strace control or using "find
/ -amin 1" type constructs to see if I might not be
able to discern what Evolution is doing and where.  I
have also left messages on this list and several
forums.  All to no avail.

If nothing else I guess I will have to resort to
looking at the source code itself and tracing where it
does what manually but what a pain that's going to be.

Anyway if you or anyone else knows where such a
reference might be I would sure like to hear about it.

Thanks.

Carlos

 --- Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

Make sure gconfd and evolution* aren't running when
you do any file
copying.  run gconftool-2 --shutdown to shut down
gconf and exit
evolution.

I presume you're using some version which only uses
gconf to store the
settings, so that should suffice.