Re: [Evolution] Automatic Evolution Setup

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 09:42 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:55 -0500, Brett Anderson wrote:
JP,

If I do a gconftool-2 --shutdown, make sure no gconfd process are
running, and then make modifications to the gconf.xml source within
~/.gconf/apps/evolution, should i expect gconfd to read the changes from
disk? Does it have a persistent cache that I have to worry about? Is
there anything I need to do to force it to use the manual changes I
made?

Maybe.  It depends on what versions of gconf is running.  Since some
of them change the location of the files.  I have the absurd situation
of having two totally separate configurations depending on which
gconfd starts first.

Didn't this only occur in a development version (or two) gconf in the
2.7 cycle? (and was subsequently reverted)

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>