Re: [Evolution] Automatic Evolution Setup

Murray,

Thanks for the quick response! Is there something that gconftool does
that is different than copying the %gconf files over by hand?

For example, wouldn't a
~/.gconf/apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/folder_bar/%gconf.xml
that looks like the following...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="width" mtime="1107791890" type="int" value="200">
        </entry>
</gconf>

...do the same thing as

gconftool-2 --type=bool --
set /apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/show_folder_bar "true"

I am actually looking for the bare minimum settings that I would need to
keep evolution from opening up the setup assistant. I just want to put
in the users' email address, real name, and mail server info.

I noticed that the ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml contains all
of this information. gconftool-1 -g /apps/evolution/mail/accounts gives
me that information from that file. However, when I have this in place,
evolution doesn't use it. It instead prompts the user for new values in
the evolution setup assistant.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett