Re: [Evolution] Automatic Evolution Setup

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 10:42 -0500, Brett Anderson wrote:
Murray,

Thanks for the quick response! Is there something that gconftool does
that is different than copying the %gconf files over by hand?

For example, wouldn't a
~/.gconf/apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/folder_bar/%gconf.xml
that looks like the following...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="width" mtime="1107791890" type="int" value="200">
        </entry>
</gconf>

...do the same thing as

gconftool-2 --type=bool --
set /apps/evolution/shell/view_defaults/show_folder_bar "true"

No.  The latter talks to the gconf daemon and hences updates the memory
cache.  The former does not.

I am actually looking for the bare minimum settings that I would need to
keep evolution from opening up the setup assistant. I just want to put
in the users' email address, real name, and mail server info.

/apps/evolution/mail/accounts is the main thing that is checked.  You
also likely want to add the timezone for the calendar.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>