[Evolution] Automatic Evolution Setup

Hello,

I am trying to generate ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and ~/.evolution files
from a template so that users will not have to configure evolution
themselves using the Evolution Setup Assistant. I am doing the
following:

Removing .evolution and .gconf/apps/evolution for a user

Going through the Evolution Setup Assistant, and letting it recreate
those files.

I then copy these files into other user's home directories, changing
things such as email address, real name, and paths that reference the
user's home directory.

I have been copying everything except the .db files in ~/.evolution.
I have made sure that the files have proper permissions and ownership by
the users that they are being used by.

When the user starts up evolution it opens up the Evolution Setup
Assistant and overwrites the %gconf.xml files that I put in place for
them. (e.g. ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/%gconf.xml)

Is there something else I need to be copying? Is there anything special
I need to do to get this to work that I am missing? What is evolution
seeing(or not seeing) that makes it run the Evolution Setup Assistant
and regenerate the config file?

Thanks,
Brett