Re: [Evolution] forwarding of attachments

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:09, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 13:48 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:35 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 22:22 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
Lastly, if Evo did it the way most clients do, it would be
trivial to
deal with the less common case of *not* wanting to send
attachments:
just delete them from the attachments bar the way you do when
composing
a new message.

We do this by default.  The user must change a setting for this
not to
happen.

Actually, the setting means "forward everything as an attachment,
including the text of the message". There's no reason (logically)
not to
include attachments even when forwarding inline or quoted.

consistancy with replying. also, if you are quoting then you are
interested in the body text and not necessarily the attachments
anyway.

Consistency is fine when it makes sense. However if I reply to someone
who sent me attachments, I would rarely if ever want to send them back
to him.
Please read it again. We are not talking about replying. (in that case,
you do not want the attachment) We are talking about forwarding e-mail
and in this case (most of the time) you want the attachment to go with
the e-mail, email inline and attachment attached.
Of course this is my own preference

If I'm passing his message on to someone else, I usually *do*
want to send everything, but sometimes I want the option of editing or
commenting on his text. We could go round and round on this, but I do
think it's a common case.

poc

Tom