Re: [Evolution] forwarding of attachments

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 14:29 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
Alternatively you can do a Forward as whatever, and then drag the
required attachments from the original message to the attachment bar
of
the new one.

True enough, but IMHO this is the wrong way round.

First of all, you need to know how to do this (I know there's a "drop
attachments here" legend, but I for one had never noticed it till
someone pointed it out a while back. (I'm not arguing for eliminating
this facility, which is indeed useful when you know about it).

Second, you need to *remember* to do it. To my way of thinking, the
"natural" interpretation of "Forward Message" is "Forward what I
recieved". YMMV, but most of the time I forward something I want the
attachments as well, so the current model means extra work.

Lastly, if Evo did it the way most clients do, it would be trivial to
deal with the less common case of *not* wanting to send attachments:
just delete them from the attachments bar the way you do when composing
a new message.

poc