Re: [Evolution] Installing Ximian connector from source

If you install connector (or any bonobo component) into a prefix other
than your default GNOME prefix, you have to tell bonobo-activation about
it. As root, run

      /opt/gnome/sbin/bonobo-activation-sysconf --add-directory=${prefix}/lib/bonobo/servers

(changing "/opt/gnome" to "/usr" if you're on Red Hat or another distro
that puts GNOME in /usr).

Then log out and back in.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help so far. I got one step further, but now during
start-up, evolution says:

Cannot activate component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_ExchangeStorage_ShellComponent :
The error from the activation system is:
Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure occurred

Do you have any clue which causes this error? Maybe I have to take some
more drastic measures (making a complete rebuild or re-install of
evolution and associated RPMs), but I just got gnome-pilot working with
my current install.

--
Roalt