Re: [Evolution] Installing Ximian connector from source

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 09:17, Roalt Aalmoes wrote:
Error while 'Scanning folders in "Exchange server <my exchange
address>"':
Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend process: No such file or
directory
So I added /usr/lib/evolution/1.4/ to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but then it
says:

Could not register Evolution Exchange backend services.
This probably means another copy of evolution-exchange-storage
is already running.

After looking in the exchange connector source *grin*, in storage/main.c
it fails on:

        ret = bonobo_activation_active_server_register (
                EXCHANGE_STORAGE_COMPONENT_ID,
                bonobo_object_corba_objref (BONOBO_OBJECT
                (shell_component)));

it does not return 'Bonobo_ACTIVATION_REG_SUCCESS', but
Bonobo_ACTIVATION_REG_NOT_LISTED.

Maybe someone on the lists knows enough of gnome to tell me what this
means? The API-documentation does not tell me...

Roalt

--
Roalt