Re: [Evolution] Character encoding and expunge?

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 15:17, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

Hi..

Subject: Hva som skal st=?ISO-8859-1?B?5Q==?=
I mail som sendes u

Why isn't this shown like this ??:

Subject: Hva som skal stå I mail som sendes u

because the subject encoding is broken and does not conform to the spec
(which means this is probably spam anyway, so who cares???)

for more information, read rfc2047 and rfc0822

Well, it's not spam, it's actually mail from a customer... And I am guessing that it does not conform to the spec... But I was just curious why Evolution doesn't handle this since most of the other MUA does?

Second, why isn't there an option that make it possible to enable "hard"
delete of mail instead of delete and then have to press Ctrl-E to
expunge the mail. This should be a small task to implement, the code is
already there, just combine it... :)

because it's a lot slower??? besides, EXPUNGE expunges the mailbox, not
just a singleton message. why is it really that bad that it waits to
expunge them all at once? makes more sense to me...

Well, it's not bad but it forces me to delete messages twice. I just mean that when I delete a message I really mean to delete it, I don't want to delete it twice (all though expunge deletes all marked messages in a mailbox..)

And also, when using IMAP, why isn't the seen flag marked when I have
read the email? I have to eg. go to another folder en back again to make
sure the mail is marked as read..

because it's a lot slower??? :-)

flag syncing is delayed until either:

1. a timeout expires
2. folder change

It can't be that much slower but then I am running my own mailserver on my LAN and I don't have any trouble with bandwidth... :)

BTJ