Re: [Evolution] About "hide read messages"

Well then (if I may be so bold), I think the coding could use some work.
Isn't that what happens when someone suggests something?  I wouldn't
make such a dramatic statement if this were the first time something
like this has happened, but I recall (only in the past few months that
I've been reading this list) a handful of times that someone has
recommended a useful feature, only to be turned down because that's not
the way the code works right now.

I think it is important to recognize that currently (to my
understanding) Evolution is in a feature freeze for version 2.0. So
recommending additional features to the developers and then getting
upset that they tell you the software is currently unable to support
that isn't going to help anything. And to make things worse then you
attack their coding abilities. The developers have put a lot of time and
effort into this project, and to make such a bold and unjust statement
simply because a developer who has intimate knowledge of the code
structure said that it is not possible right now is awful.

"vent a bit of frustration about the nature of this list (or perhaps
about my misunderstanding of the function of this list?)."

Perhaps that is the case. It was my understanding that this is the
evolution-users list. A place where users can try to assist each other
with problems that they have encountered with the software. I don't
think this is the proper forum to spout of random feature requests for
the software and sling insults toward the developers.

Brian